ATTENTION: to register for this course, you need to schedule your course on the SUNY website FIRST.
- The SUNY website has been embedded below for your convenience.
- Type "Greg" in the keywords search box below to pull all upcoming training sessions.
- Select a course that works best for your schedule.
- Click on Proceed to apply and log in to ECETP. If you do not have an ECETP account, then you'll need to create one. Follow the prompts until you've completed your registration with SUNY.
- Call us at (347) 270 -9623 to confirm your booking and receive next steps. If you do not call, we will call within 24 hours to confirm your appointment.
- If you need assistance completing your registration or have questions, please don't hesitate to contact us (347) 270 9623.
Health & Safety Training Details
Here’s What You Need To Know
Each licensed group family day care provider, assistant and alternate assistant must complete a minimum of fifteen (15) hours of training during the first six months of licensure and thirty (30) hours. Anyone wishing to become a licensed group family day care provider must complete competency – based training pertaining to protecting the health and safety of children before the license will be issued. This health and safety training time can be applied towards the 15 hours of training that the provider is required to complete during the first six months of licensure. This training must include the nine topics listed below.
OCFS Topics Outlined In Course
Nutrition & Health
Principles of Childhood Development
Shaken Baby Syndrome
Child Abuse & Maltreatment ID & Prevention
Safety & Security
Child Care Program Development
Need Assistance? Send Us A Message
Have questions about our services? Please don’t hesitate to get in touch. We’ll be sure to get back to you as soon as possible.