Directors are responsible for hiring, training and maintaining staff who provide a healthy and safe environment for children. This course is 15 hours long and will help directors look at policies and procedures that reinforce high-quality health and safety practices
Open Your Daycare
Health & Safety
Child care providers have one of the most important jobs; the care and education of children. This course is 15 hours long and is required by law in order to start working in a home-based child care or day care facility.
Order Child Care
Order your child care business Application to become a licensed home-based business/provider for free. Please note, this link will take you to the NYS Office of Child & Family Services website.
Health & Safety Recertification
A program aimed at family day care and group family day care providers and their assistants. This course is a 30 hours long and is required every two years and within the first six months of becoming licensed
If you are a child care provider that works with school-age children, the School-Age Care (SAC) Credential is a program which was developed to promote quality services to children and families by providing specific standards, training, and evaluation of school-age staff members and providers.
CPR & First Aid
Prepare yourself to respond with our First Aid and CPR course safety training. Our First Aid & CPR program is ideal for childcare facilities, schools, and community groups.
We Work Under The Oversight of The Department of Health, OCFS, & The PDP at SUNY
We Work Under The Oversight of The Department of Health and OCFS, & The Professional Development Program at SUNY
"I took all my training with First Steps Urban Outreach Child Care Training Center. I have owned my business for over 6 years now, and they have assisted me since day one."
Ms. Hawa Dubose
"I took my training with Gregory & Milka at First Steps Childcare Training Center. I really learned a lot about opening my own business. I like being my own boss. I appreciate them helping me in my journey."
Maria Odaly Garcia
"I was taught A – Z about how to open my own daycare, from two patient and knowledgable people. They gave me the personal touch. And whenever I had a question…They were there to answer. I recommend you take trainings with the,"
Child Care Trainings COVID-19 Response
What times are you open?
- Monday – Saturday 10am – 6pm
- Phone lines are open 7:30am – 9:30pm (212) 491-6500
What is the best way to communicate with you?
Are you still answering your phone?
Do you have a new address?
- 4197 Park Avenue, Bronx NY 10457 2nd Fl.
- 465 E. Tremont Ave, Bronx NY 10457 (Our Registration office, 1 block away)
Are we allowed to visit you?
What is required to be physically present at your location (masks, etc.)?
- Masks are required
What are you doing to keep your customers safe?
- Each of our desks has a protective barrier, cleaning and disinfectants are available, hand sanitizer is also available. We have a sink in our training room and bathrooms are disinfected throughout the day
- We comply with the NYS Safety Plan which we keep posted in our offices.
How can I purchase or do business with your company?
- You can go through our website to register & pay for the mandatory:
Health & Safety classes, for Child Care Providers
How have your services changed?
- One of our classes are now virtual: Health & Safety Training for Child Care Directors
How has your business operations changed?
- Yes, that is why calling first is always a better option for services
How do we stay updated with info about your business during the pandemic?
- Calling is an option; we take calls throughout the day.
How often will you update us with information during COVID?
- As any State regulations change, we will post it on our website
Need An Invoice Or Other Assistance? Send Us A Message
Have questions about our services? Please don't hesitate to get in touch. We'll be sure to get back to you as soon as possible.